Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Tuesday's Rant.......

Today's rant, in no particular order:

As background, let me explain that my son is in kindergarten. Every week the class concentrates on a particular letter of the alphabet. This week, it is "N". Each student is expected to bring something from home that starts with the letter of the week, to illustrate things that that letter represent. So, Monday was easy.... I reached into my pocket, pulled out a nickel, gave it to him and said "here ya go, buddy". All was well.

I woke up extremely early this morning, my mind frantically searching for an 'n' word that also represented something physical. After discarding 'nice', 'nocturnal' and 'near', I found myself extremely alphabetically challenged. A mental block of sorts..... all I could think of was 'nipple' and 'nose', two items that I'm rather attached to and won't consider donating to the cause.
Wednesday morning is going to come too soon unless I get my act together. Perhaps a google search of 'things that start with N' is in order.

And, now for something completely different:

- stumbled upon a website selling 'gummy army guys'...... is there really a market for these?

http://www.stupid.com/stat/ARMY.html

Late Breaking News: 03 Nov 04: Either I'm extremely popular, my planets are misaligned, or it's 'same-shit-different-day' syndrome once again. Apparently the link above is now a dead link (maybe they sold out due to the free advertising above) - or not. So, in my normal apologetic manner, I beg your forgiveness and offer (yes, believe it or not) Gummy Handcuffs:

http://www.stupid.com/stat/CUFF.html

Again, is there really a market for these????????????????

No comments: