Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Self Blog-nalysis

I've determined that this Blog has become something that is nowhere near my original intent. I had intended it to be a place where I could let my creative juices flow - a place to write what I want, when I want.

Instead, I've found it to become much of a place to post useless garbage of sorts, and it has not really served as a creative outlet whatsoever. I've found myself spending much more time reading the posts of others, and have come up with a personal list of favorites that I review frequently. They have started to stimulate my creativity and desire to change this lame blog.
And for that, I am thankful.

So, that said, I'm going to have to do some housecleaning - to get rid of some of the fluff and to post words that will satisfy that longer-term self-need.

To offer up an analogy of sorts - this blog to-date has kind of been like masturbation.

While it's all fine and good while in the midst of the jerk-off, there comes a moment when one is done. It felt good during and after, but in the end, one is simply stuck with a bit of a mess to clean up. An immediate need happily satisfied.

Oh well, at least my keyboard isn't sticky!


4 comments:

Tara said...

So long as you're not whining about how unfair algebra class is, I'd say it's a success. but it is funny how blogs take on a life of their own. I started mine to post news stories I found interesting, and all my readers really want to talk about is why single women can't get dates and about whether bellybutton rings are passe.

Pronto said...

Okay, I'll bite - are bellybutton piercings passe?

Tara said...

apparently the bellybutton rings are passe. (And so are the ubiquitous lower-back tribal tattoos that many women have as well.)

Pronto said...

Really! I guess I'm out of times, cause I still consider them attractive, sexy, inviting & arousing.....