Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ergonomics are my friend

.




I love my multitudinous office chair. From the day it was wheeled into my office, it has served me well.

Immediately reaching blindly underneath, I probed and pulled the maze of knobs and levers until I found the perfect position. The adjustability is incredible… backrest up-down, backrest in-out, backrest angle, armrest up-down, armrest in-out, seat up-down, forward tilt seat angle, lumbar support depth, seat height, tilt lock, tilt tension. Simply incredible – ‘ergonomics are my friend’, I thought.

I love my chair – well, at least I used to. This morning, as I am apt to do, I plopped into my chair, ready to fire up the PC, when something slipped. Something had horribly gone wrong with the forward tilt seat angle thingy… arghhhhhh. No matter how much I now play with the knobs & levers, I cannot – not for the life of me – find a comfortable position.

I hate my chair !

No comments: